aka. Penlee Grotto
Penlee Grotto is tucked away on the South West Coastal path, below Penlee Point.
In the eighteenth century, the cave that today houses Queen Adelaide’s Grotto, high above the sea at Penlee Point, was used as a watch house.
The stone archways were constructed within its walls and dedicated to Princess Adelaide after she visited in 1827, four years before she was crowned Queen Consort.